Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yata!!

I am so psyched.
Seriously, I could become addicted to the phone.

For the first time, I made my first international call, overseas, to Japan. I talked with a real live Japanese person, and they talked to me. For several minutes, it was a conversation, and we both understood!!! Okay, yes, I know that technically Hatanaka-sensei, Aida-sensei and Suzuki-san were all Japanese people who I talked to live. But they weren't in Japan, and they knew English as well.

But today I talked to someone living completely separate from me who did not know my language and it worked out just fine. I was able to find out they had no open rooms. It wasn't great information, but my confidence in speaking has soared.. along with it my anxiety is creeping up that I am overestimating.. but still. I can do this. We are doing this.

Also it dawned on me how awsome the phone is... completely unconnected folks talking to each other on opposite sides of the world. Just so cool.

I could seriously become addicted. Like the only serial prank caller of Japan who calls just to try out their Japanese... yeah its weird, but possible. Maybe I could get some cool name too... like denwabanditosan or somethin... oy I am sad. But this is sooo freakin cool. I cannot stress that enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home